.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Values vs. The American Educational System :: bell hooks College Education

Values vs. The American educational System In Keeping Close to Home Class and Education, chime hooks suggests that the American educational system ferocitys individuals to hide, change, or mask the set that they bring with them to college by sharing her perception of the sickening class variant at Stanford. Perhaps influence makes a better term than ram this change in terminology allows a better argument and saves the readers from a misleading idea of the American educational system. hooks explains that education as the practice of freedom becomes not a force which fragments or separates, notwithstanding one that brings us closer, expanding our definitions of home and community (95). The University of Georgia does not force its students to hide, change, or mask the determine that they bring with them to college instead, the university offers them the choice of keeping their value or letting these values slip away by loose them the freedom to express themselves in every aspe ct. This freedom allows the students to be who they fatality to be.If brought to trial, the institution of the University of Georgia remains innocent it has not exercised pressure on me to change my values, but has drawn me unconsciously into altering my values. I intend inner strength can hold an individual and his or her values together. A persons values are factors that create the persons personal identity without these values, one loses his or her connection to the past. Many students, however, fall in the hold of the influential social interactions and university expectations that often lead to the unpleasant change in their lives.I have been a victim of this change because of my freedom to choose. It go out be hypocritical of me to state that I possess the strength to rubbish the universitys influential activities. It hurts to see a person lose connection with his or her past without his or her past, he or she remains incomplete. It hurts me more to meet that I am one of those people who remains incomplete and weak, and that I was not strongly connected to the values taught by my parents. Born and increase as a Catholic, I expected my religious values to be of great importance I was wrong. When I lived under my parents supervision, going to church building was my job. I still remember those Friday nights when the whole family would sit together in front of our homemade altar to pray the rosary.

No comments:

Post a Comment